The VP of Investments and Business Development works with the CEO to make key investment decisions, manage investor relationships, and formulate investment strategy to launch new investment products and raise capital.Primary Responsibilities
- Internal champion for providing investment return considerations for deploying capital and monitoring investment performance throughout the asset's life cycle. Make key buy / sell decisions in co-ordination with the CEO to optimize the portfolio, create value for investors and achieve sustainable profitability - 30%
- Work with the CEO in interfacing with institutional investors and lenders to finance projects and manage investor communications and relationships - 25%
- Work with the CEO to identify new business development opportunities.
- Work with CFO and Investor Relations Associate on all investor relations including but not limited to managing communications, distribution schedules, reporting, etc.
- Work with Chief Operations Officer on non-multifamily assets asset management which will include but is not limited to the corporate office, Nitya homes, retail, etc.
- Perform market investment surveys, conduct macro and micro research to identify target markets, asset classes and develop investment strategy. Play a central role in structuring new funds or new deals and capital raising - 20%
- Proactively identify and surface investment considerations as input to asset management decisions including major tenant changes, dispositions, capital expenditures and other asset level decisions - 15%
- Oversee all due diligence and legal documentation of joint ventures, fund documents and purchase and sell agreements - 10%
- Participate or oversee in other projects as appropriate or directed
- Prior experience as a VIce President of Investments preferred
- Experience, particularly with Private Equity or Real Estate firms
- Demonstrates quantitative skills and relationship building skills
- Proven management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A clear understanding of the global real estate market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary range will depend on experience with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Basic Life Insurance.