Cogniac is on a mission to improve industrial and manufacturing industries by automating visual inspection tasks. Cogniac's system combines the latest artificial intelligence (AI) research, human-computer interaction tools, and large-scale data management to make computer vision easier, more accurate, and scalable, enabling customers of all sizes to extract information from ever-increasing image data and video streams.
We are looking for a Technical Support Lead with a proven record of accomplishment in the technical support field to join our Cogniac team. The Technical Support Lead at Cogniac provides enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, chat, onsite visits and other support channels as required. The Technical Support Lead is responsible for ensuring the Cogniac platform meets required service levels to deliver effective solutions for customers' visual inspection tasks. The Technical Support Lead will provide direct support to technical administrators and end users and provide leadership of service partners and other 3rd party vendors on interoperability issues.
- Own full resolution of all Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support cases with the Cogniac platform and ecosystem components
- Conduct hands-on, technical support, and lead the support team to resolve technical issues and deliver on customer support contracts in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Act as a technical subject matter expert on the Cogniac platform and platform integrations
- Manage escalation of all non-resolvable bugs to R&D engineering, following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Contribute to process improvements that drive improved ticket throughput and resolution
- Coach other Support Engineers to grow overall team technical expertise
- Build an off-site Tier 1 and 2 support team
- Work with Cogniac's Engineering and QA teams to recreate customers' issues in the lab.
- Review documentation (e.g., Release Notes, User Guide, etc.) on upcoming new software releases
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround, and solutions of common and/or known issues
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in engineering and technical support; 3+ years experience as a senior support engineer or lead / manager
- Deep troubleshooting experience (including debugging)
- Experience working with technical product team members on new initiatives
- Self-motivated, driven individual who takes full ownership of solving problems
- A team player that is passionate about mentoring and coaching junior team members