Sr. IT Project Manager - (Telecommute)
Through collaboration, you can turn good ideas into great outcomes
You're a leader who believes that it often takes a variety of viewpoints to reach more informed outcomes. You're energized by open dialogue and collaborative brainstorming, and you bring that enthusiasm to your team. We appreciate your ability to stimulate new thinking, knowing that different perspectives can lead to exciting outcomes for all. Let's talk about how we can work together.
IT Project Managers oversee low to mid-level complexity IT projects running concurrently with an annual volume up to $2.5M. IT Project Managers have a solid understanding of the IT PMO Operations, IT PMO policies and procedures and can demonstrate his/her knowledge as it relates to project management skills and practices and Parsons company procedures.
- Develops the project approval documentation, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Works with project team to develop estimates, schedules and work plans to ensure timely completion of a project or working group within a project.
- Assigns responsibilities and coordinates the activities of the team, including vendors and contractors
- Prepare financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of project resources and other related project expenditures
- Directs the formation, execution and closeout of the assigned project so it meets project specifications and requirements and is delivered within budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop business requirements and/or user stories
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project life-cycle
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert to regularly brief key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-departmental forums
- 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 10+ years of relevant application and/or IT infrastructure experience and at least 4-6 years of progressive experience in project management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users, team members, and Parsons management on technical and non-technical subjects.
- A successful track record of selecting and leading an IT project team from project startup to successful delivery and closeout meeting budgets, schedules, and technical requirements for the project.
- Experience in directing, coaching and mentoring individual team members to provide individual development or to improve the person's job performance and effectiveness on the team.
- Comfortable managing several projects or activities concurrently.
Required: Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP)