Janssen Research & Development LLC (JRD), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Portfolio Management Data Science. You will report to the Chief Data Science Officer & Global Head of JRD Strategy and Operations. The primary location for this position is either New Brunswick, NJ or Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to Boston, MA, Raritan, NJ and Titusville, NJ.Who We Are
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and Development areas encompass Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic disorders, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Infectious diseases. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit .You Will
- Partner with the Chief Data Science Officer, Data Science (DS) and the relevant TA/Function to define and prioritize a portfolio of high impact use cases in alignment with TA/Function strategy and JRD Data Science strategy
- Champion, build and drive large strategic and complex DS projects to achieve the intended impact in a timely manner
- Lead in a highly matrixed environment with cross-functional teams of TA/functional representatives, Data Scientists, Software engineers, external partners (when needed), etc. while also providing executive visibility to the COO of DS and TA/function leads
- Collaborate with the DS analytics and Data Platform team to execute on the priorities, pragmatically build a roadmap to deliver the user cases, from test and learn to scale up deployment
- Build and cultivate right partnerships and alliances with internal and external partners in collaboration with Business Development, Innovation Centers, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of the partners, understand and align the problems and the value of use case with key partners
- MD, Ph.D., Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in the Data Science and /or Digital Health space in a company ranging from start-ups to consulting firms with established Data Science practices or large Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience in product management and leadership experience to design and execute on high impact data science projects / platforms
- Proven project leadership in complicated context, able to influence and engage the strategic and technical partners
- Proven track record of partnership and leading in a matrixed organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining.
- Managing of healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data.
- Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.