Job Title: Sr. Software Test Engineer
Location: Sylmar, CA 91342
Duration: 24 months+ Contract
- We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr. software engineer to join our Software Verification team.
- The Senior Software Engineer will bring testing and leadership expertise to the innovative, and fast-paced verification team.
- Responsibilities include requirements analysis, test design, test execution, defect issue resolution, project leadership, and support of the engineering team's investigation of field complaints.
- This high caliber, motivated and passionate individual will also be involved in detail analysis, technical reviews and process improvements.
- Responsibilities include: Assist with and lead testing projects including estimation, planning, coordination, project deliverables, and directing the day to day tasks of others.
- Work independently and as a team member to plan, write, and execute test cases according to Client practices, FDA regulatory, and ISO standard procedures.
- Participate in the requirements, hazard analysis, and design reviews for new features. Display initiative, leadership and coaching skills including continuous quality/engineering process improvement, project leadership, and team training.
- Evaluate, recommend, and employ software tests tools to ensure software quality.
- Design new test suites for new features and functionality.
- Provide verification and validation perspective to R&D's ongoing product development: requirements, product and test designs, defect reviews, user workflows, and field complaint investigations.
- Maintain expert status and continuing proficiency in the field of software test engineering.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional software test engineering experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle management tools. Organized, on-time, and detailed oriented and quick learner.
- Strong project management skills including project leadership.
- Excellent documentation skills in delivering information that adds value to management's decision-making process.
- Experienced in quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Polished communicator - written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings.
- Excellent reputation for building relationships across various levels of an organization.
- Energized attitude, proactive thinker and self-starter.
- Programming experience is a plus. Nice to have Test automation experience.