As a software developer at Grio you'll be focused on creating mobile applications using a variety of technologies.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative and highly technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different approaches. A typical project lasts 3-6 months, and there will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various project/product teams and hone your skills.
You should have an advanced ability to conceptualize, design and build product features. You will need to be able to take a feature and traverse the entire stack to build the pieces you will need to deliver a high-quality implementation.
Successful candidates keep up-to-date with best practices and have a familiarity with leading-edge industry developments. A successful candidate will use this deep expertise to provide technical leadership to small and large teams. Must demonstrate mastery of at least one one front-end framework and one back-end framework.
Our very best engineers are great communicators with the mental agility to both discuss the big picture and dive into the smallest details. We will expect you to articulate key technical concepts to audiences as diverse as business leaders & clients with little technical know-how, project leads, peers, and junior developers.
Grio wants to hire great people. We will do so in a manner fair to all candidates that is without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or veteran status. Grio complies with Federal, state and local EEO non-discrimination hiring practices.Requirements
- 3+ years of experience building mobile applications in either Android (Kotlin) or iOS (Swift)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of native Android or iOS development
- Commonly used design patterns
- Data persistence options
- Concurrency fundamentals
- UI Design guidelines
- Dependency management
- Proven ability to write clean, maintainable and standards compliant code
- Desire for personal growth by pushing yourself to work outside your comfort zone
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Experience creating interfaces for mobile analytics SDKs
- Desire to constantly learn and help others level up through teaching opportunities
We are open to both individual contracting and potentially full time employment opportunities for the right candidate. You won't regret it - it's a positive, fun environment with plenty of fun and humor.
For full-time employees, compensation includes profit sharing bonuses paid twice per year, an unusually nice 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance (Grio also pays 50% coverage for spouse and dependents), open vacation policy and a type B boss.