Residence must be local to Washington DC Metro Area
Ready to Ignite your career and work alongside some of the most innovative and brightest professionals in innovative technology? Join us and unleash your potential working in an Agile environment while modernizing enterprise systems and applications needed to support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. As a Senior Angular / Full Stack Developer you will offer your agile methodology experience as part of a dynamic and passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You will bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team will be key to the overall success.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of custom software and database application capabilities for modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Act as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Provide improvements to the product(s) being supported.
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Support release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyze complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
- Providing mentoring to members of the team.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to: 3 year check for felony convictions; 1 year check for illegal drug use; 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud.
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least ten (10) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment.
- Experience developing application integration with APIs and Web Services; and a working knowledge of: XML, JSON, and SAML parsing.
- Experience with Node.js, NPM for software development.
- Experience with Angular Application troubleshooting and configurations.
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps and Responsive Design using Material Design. Bootstrap, or other library.
- Experience with lifecycle testing using angular frameworks for unit, regression, security, testing.
- Some Experience with Mobile development (iOS or Android OS) and Frameworks.
- Experience with angular application integration with a DevOps pipeline.
- Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Acting independently to expose and resolve problems.
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred).
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
Nice to Have's:
- Application database development with Liqibase and PostgresSQL.
- AWS application development using services such as SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, Lambda, S3
- jHipster application scaffolding tool.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence.
Ignite IT offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package to include Medical, Dental, and Vision; Short Term/Long Term/Life Insurance; 401K with matching and fully Vested 100%; PTO; Holiday; Training; and much more…
Ignite IT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with EO 13665 Final Rule, Ignite IT will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants selected must be able to possess and maintain a government clearance as required for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED