What does the job entail?
Responsible for providing comprehensive, high-quality customer service while gathering the information needed to process and close loan applications received through the bank's various delivery channels. The Specialist will be a primary contact for mortgage customers and must be able to effectively build customer relationships, communicate the bank's lending requirements and respond to borrower needs. This position contributes to quality efforts of the Real Estate Secured Lending units through team orientation and focused excellence in achieving organizational service goals and quality standards.
This is a remote position, however, candidate must reside in a state within the BBVA USA footprint: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, & Utah.
- Accurately prepares consumer mortgage loan processing and closing documentation.
- Provides best in class service to the prospective borrower(s) and closing agents by delivering consistent and timely feedback throughout the lending process, anticipating borrower needs and vigilantly maintaining service level agreements.
- Ensures the POS and LOS systems are populated with the required application data and that loan/processing statuses are accurately maintained.
- Coordinates the ordering of appraisal, title, tax, flood and all other documentation, verification or certification required to appropriately decision and close the loan.
- Dispositions loans according to the underwriting decision, preparing approved loans for closing or coordinating adverse action notices to applicants.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the customer experience and efficiency of the team by offering open and honest feedback and ideas for automation and other uses of technology.
- Maintains strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements as well as department policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required with three (3) years of experience in mortgage operations is required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Must meet the credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history and review of credit report.
NMLS Registration required
For more information, please visit: