Freedom, a national Direct Mail Company based in Aurora, IL, is one of the largest, independently owned, privately held, direct mail marketing providers in the United States. Why Freedom? Because we are a leader in the direct mail space, investing in technology and resources to facilitate innovative ideas, driving true client delight. We were recently named as a finalist for Wisconsin's Manufacturer of the Year, and we're looking to add an experienced Lettershop Mechanic to our team.Summary
A Lettershop Mechanic is responsible for performing job set ups on various types of inserting equipment. Insures all scheduled equipment preventative maintenance tasks are completed on time, as well as emergency repairs as needed. The ideal candidate will be organized, mechanically inclined, and will adhere to all safety practices as outlined by the company..Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up jobs per specification sheet on various inserters such as Bell & Howell, CMC, Mailstream Direct, etc.
- Perform repairs as needed on an emergency or scheduled basis.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled for all equipment.
- Keeps work area clean and organized (this includes cleaning up, returning tools and parts to their correct storage areas)
- Work well in a team environment with a willingness to help and share information with others.
- Obtains prior approval from supervision when purchasing any parts or contracting with repair companies.
- Ensures safety devices are in place and working properly.
- Works overtime when the production schedule dictates.
- Knowledge of Scitex 6240, MCS/Array, and MCS Eagle printers a plus
- Must be able to read job sheet and communicate with team members.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to quickly learn machine operations.
- Prior mechanical experience in a production environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Basic Math Skills
- Must have the ability to read and interpret job instructions and letters. Must also have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and is constantly standing or walking.
This full-time position includes the following benefits:
- Medical coverage
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401k saving plan with company match, subject to plan terms
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Powered by JazzHR