An established mechanical contractor is looking to add a Lead HVAC Technician to their team! With a stable pipeline of projects, they are looking to add a strong technician who can run service calls and train other HVAC techs.
Essential Job Functions
• Installs, troubleshoots and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units, including chillers, boilers and heat pumps
• Performs scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations
• Repairs wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems
• Perform preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems.
• Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts
• Cleans refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems
• Troubleshoots and repairs direct digital and pneumatic control systems
• Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
• Identify and trouble-shoot air and water flow treatment systems
• Determines cause of and corrects condensation problems
• Provides technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems
• Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems
• Prepares records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions
• Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment
• May supervise work of other technicians
• Preferred five or more years of progressively responsible experience working with complex HVAC systems and equipment including chillers, boilers, package units, VAV systems (direct digital, pneumatic and automated control systems), heavy rigging, pipe and steel fabrication experience.
• Advanced chiller experience preferred
• Knowledge of relevant building codes, regulations, policies and procedures
• Operation of machines and tools required for this position
• Ability to pass a background check, drug screening and MVR (required)
Please apply directly if you are interested in this position!