Phoenix Roofing is seeking a full-time general laborer to join our team! This role will assist with repairing, replacing, and installing roofs on high-profile, commercial jobs. (No residential roofing jobs.)Responsibilities Include:
- Stock, prepare, and clean up at job locations, including setting up ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Remove and dispose of existing roof and insulation, if being replaced.
- Assist with the install new roofing system which may be modified bituminous, built-up, single-ply, or green roof systems.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, or warranty service on existing roofs.
- Drive others to job sites using company vehicles.
- Other duties on both job sites and in the main office, as assigned.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be physically able to perform the manual work of the trade (i.e., no fear of heights, a good sense of balance, and a better-than-average sense of safety for ones' self and coworkers).
- Must enjoy working with their hands and working outdoors, sometimes under challenging working conditions.
- Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test, and background screening, including Act 34, Act 114, and Act 151 clearances.
- Applicants will be subject to random drug/alcohol testing and reasonable suspicion testing, either by the general contractor or by the company.
- A valid driver's license is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate and maintain good working relationships with peers, customers, and other contractors.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- H.S. diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years' experience in commercial roofing, construction industry, or in landscaping/tree trimming preferred.
- Will consider those interested in learning the roofing trade as apprentices.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Perform medium work - lifting up to 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting, bending, and crouching.
- Work outside in all weather conditions and temperatures (hot, cold, windy, snowy, or rainy weather).
- Ability and stamina to stand, climb, and carefully walk on high and/or steep roofs.
We offer a variety of employee benefits, including healthcare, 401(k) with matching contributions (non-union employees), opportunities for salary increases, and mileage reimbursement based on job site locations. We also provide safety equipment, power tools, and an opportunity for an entry-level roofer to receive on-the-job training.About Phoenix Roofing & Bruin Roofing
: we are committed to superior roofing standards that exceed the expectations of our commercial customers. We use only premier, American-made roofing materials and have a strong presence in the Pittsburgh-area.
Powered by JazzHR