Associates Asset Recovery
Diesel/Automotive Mechanic Job Description
Associates Asset Recovery is one of the leading repossession companies on the east coast. We are looking for skilled automotive and diesel mechanics to service our growing fleet of cars and trucks. We have the industry's most cutting-edge equipment and technologies. AAR is located in SC, NC, & GA but all major mechanical work is done at our corporate offices in Florence, SC.
If you are looking to be a part of a growing team of dedicated people come, see us here at AAR.Diesel/Automotive Mechanic Job Duties:
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job KnowledgeSalary: Negotiable
Benefits Package -
- Health Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance (provided by company)
- Additional Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Critical Illness Insurance
Powered by JazzHR