ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops, and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming, and digital signage solutions for audio and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability, and scalability. More information about the company can be found at .
ClearOne is looking for a Design Engineer for our Salt Lake City location. The successful candidate will be responsible for R&D related tasks including the development of board-level hardware for professional audio and enterprise conferencing systems. The selected candidate will design and develop digital and analog audio circuitry, RF circuitry, and serial interface solutions for conferencing applications. Tasks may include hardware design, component selection, schematic capture, BOM generation, board-level hardware troubleshooting, and testing to ensure that the product meets all functional and regulatory compliance requirements. Tasks may also include FPGA development using Verilog or VHDL. The selected candidate will also be responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing tests for production and supporting manufacturing operations. The candidate must be capable of working both independently and as part of an integrated product team.
Required Critical Skills:
- BSEE or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience with mixed-signal (analog/digital) board-level electrical hardware and firmware.
- Hardware design skills incorporating ARM, FPGA, and Microcontrollers.
- Experience with a hardware description language (i.e. Verilog or VHDL)
- Strong communication, documentation, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- DSP and RF design.
- RF PCB Layout.
- Knowledge of analog hardware designs including LNAs, VCOs, PLLs, A/D & D/A circuits, analog, and digital filters, and power supply circuitry.
- FPGA development using VHDL or Verilog.
- Experience with designing and testing for regulatory compliance including CSA and FCC radiated and conducted emissions, immunity, and safety.
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level
- Employment Type
- Job Functions